Click on the Sign-Up Genius Button to sign-up
Check back often for updates!
School Year Opportunities throughout the year!
More Specific Voulnteering to come soon.
- Junior Achievement – Using well laid-out lesson plans, present various topics about the economy, entrepreneurship and business to your child’s class. There are usually six 45 minute sessions. Work with individual teachers to coordinate times. This qualifies for the full 10 hour volunteer requirement!
- Art Adventure – Bring art to your child’s classroom! Attend training at the MIA and discuss various pieces of art with the kids in the classroom. There are usually four 45 minute classroom sessions. Work with individual teachers to coordinate times. At the end of the year you can also attend the field trip to the MIA to view the artwork. This qualifies for the full 10 hour volunteer requirement!
- Cafeteria Monitor – Join the kids in the cafeteria and help supervise the lunch hour. Pick one day a week or more.
- Recess Monitor – Help out the teachers with monitoring the kids on the playground. Pick one day a week or more.
- Box Tops for Education – Help develop school competitions; organize and count box top and other items collected.
- Classroom Volunteers – Contact your teachers for any special volunteer opportunities they may have such as field trip chaperones, classroom helpers, book readers, etc.
- Coaching - Contact Mary Loso if you are interested in coaching.
- Concessions for Sporting events – Contact Mary Loso or look for sign-up information
- Assistance with the Play Performances and Rehearsals – Look for sign up information during performance seasons.